United Way of San Diego County has named six new members to its board of directors:
- Kenneth Cherry, president of UPS, South California District
- RSF resident Eileen Drake, vice president and general manager at Pratt & Whitney Aeropower
- Dale Kain, vice president and district manager at PCL Construction Services, Inc.
- John T. Reilly, park president at SeaWorld San Diego
- Jan Sutton, general manager, human resources at Solar Turbines, Inc.
In addition, Anthony T. Mahavier, owner of R.A. Mahavier, A.P.L.C., is the new chair of the Combined Health Agencies board.
â€œOur new board members are all accomplished members of the San Diego community,â€ said UWSD President and CEO Doug Sawyer. â€œTheir leadership, expertise and dedication are invaluable as we continue to bring the community together and raise funds to solve Education, Income, Health and Homeless issues.â€
Board members serve a three-year term, conducting, managing and controlling the affairs and activities of the United Way of San Diego County. They also serve on one or more board sub-committees, such as workplace campaigns, finance, Tocqueville Society with mlk.org, major giving, public policy and marketing, as well as the councils for education vision, income vision and womenâ€™s leadership.
To learn more, visit http://www.uwsd.org, Facebook and Twitter.